sunnuntaina, huhtikuuta 12, 2009

NYIP

Just received Unit 1 for "NYI Complete Course in Professional Photography" and have read through the material, listened to audio tapes and watched the video. Unit 1 is mostly basic for someone who has photographed with a SLR for years but there's always something. I expect it to get more challenging in the following Units. Now I just need to work on the photo projects of Unit 1 and turn them in. I'll probably do some reporting of my progress here on my blog during the next several months.

Why did I choose to take the NYIP professional course? Well, I don't plan to become a professional photographer anytime soon (probably never) but photography certainly is something I want to develop - i.e. become better as an amateur photographer. I have had a camera since I was 8 and a SLR since I was 15 (The first one was an Exa SLR manufactured in former East Germany. It got stolen in Istanbul in 1976 and with the insurance payment I bought my first Pentax SLR.) so I should know how to take a picture. Last winter I also attended to a Nature Photography course close to where I live but because of travel and other business I missed almost half the classes. Still it was nice and you learn bits and pieces - I'll probably continue with it next winter. However I have never taken a complete photography course so I thought it could be a benefit. Distance training probably suits me best and NYIP was what I was directed to when I studied the internet. So let's see if my pictures get any better...

Ei kommentteja: